Last updated on September 1, 2014
I love action, adventure and sci-fi movies. I’m a guy so no surprise there. I was sitting there talking movies with my brother and said what I thought to be the top five Sci-Fi/Thriller movies of all time. I literally spent just a few minutes to come up with five. Those five are listed below, I had to boot The Sixth Sense with Bruce Willis out because it was really only “that great” because of the surprise ending.
- Paycheck (2003) Ben Affleck [Sci-Fi | Thriller | Action]
- The Butterfly Effect (2004) Ashton Kutcher [Sci-Fi | Thriller]
- Deja Vu (2006) Denzel Washington [Action | Sci-Fi | Thriller]
- Limitless I (2011) Bradley Cooper [Sci-Fi | Thriller]
- The Matrix (1999) Keanu Reeves [Action | Adventure | Sci-Fi] I LOVED The Matrix, at least the first one. The meaning was so deep and, honestly, who hasn’t secretly wondered if the lives we live wasn’t reality but the thoughts or dreams of someone more powerful? The Wachowski Brothers nailed it with The Matrix; they captured our inner most fears when no one else would even admit they existed. The talent and visual effects $63 million can buy with the right people running the show can deliver a movie that will have it’s place in history long after the original cast is gone and The Matrix had that perfect mix.
Pulp Fiction (1994) Samuel L. Jackson & John Travolta [Crime | Drama | Thriller] – It’s not a Sci-Fi movie but it’s my favorite movie overall so I have to mention it – Pulp Fiction. Pulp Fiction came out when I was an over the road truck driver and I had two different people I knew say I had to watch it. One guy was my dispatcher in Indianapolis, IN and he said I’d love it because of my rye sense of humor. Then another driver I knew for years told me over the CB radio (I hate to even admit that I used the CB) that I needed to get home and see Pulp Fiction because it was a perfect match for my personality. I don’t know what it says about me personally but both friends were right and Pulp Fiction has been my favorite movie since.
Next To Watch
The Speed of Thought (2011) Nick Stahl
I’d be interested in what your favorite sci-fi thriller movie picks are. Do you have a favorite? What is it and why? Your comments are welcome here.
Brian D. Hawkins is a late-blooming thought leader in his mind. So please don't disturb his happy thoughts. It's all he has.
Brian D. Hawkins has been a blogger for over twenty years, having written thousands of public articles on dozens of websites. He currently blogs for NextStepSurvival.com and his personal blog at TheOpinionBlog.com.
Worth A Share?
Seriously, don't make me ask you to share this post. And a comment every now and then would be nice too.
Seriously, I just opened up to you like Abraham and Glenn's heads to Negan's barbed-wire bat. That at least deserves a tweet or something.
⬇ Scroll WAY Down To Comment ⬇
Please and Thank You.
Dunno if these qualify as sci-fi -thrillers- but if so, I’d hafta place “Inception” and “Blade Runner” at the top of my list. And hat about “Alien?”
I think those qualify Rob, very nice picks. Wow, it’s been a long time. I think I lost track of you a couple of Christmas’s ago. I’ll swing by your blog and see what you’re up to. I appreciate you stopping by.